To apply, send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part Time, seasonal, generally 30-35 hours per week during the school year
Under the supervision of the Program Manager or Lead Tutor, Reading Tutors meet with students one-on-one or in small groups at assigned schools in the Beyond Basics Tutoring Program. Tutoring Sessions are held Monday to Friday during school hours for approximately one hour or in after school programs as scheduled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver quality one-on-one tutoring services to assigned students using Beyond Basics curriculum.
- Collaborate with Program Manager/Lead Tutor and Outcome and Assessment Manager to coordinate the implementation of the reading program for your assigned students.
- Alert Program Manager/Lead Tutor when you are having difficulties with students so they can offer support and necessary interventions to ensure Tutor and Student success.
- Maintains accurate daily records of student progress, both manually and in the program database (Apricot).
- Provide student status reports in a timely manner when requested.
- Turn in weekly data reports, timesheets, and other records to the Program Manager/Lead Tutor at your site.
- Interface with the Program Manager/Lead Tutor to schedule pre-tutoring testing and post-tutoring testing.
- Conduct collaborative art or writing projects with student.
- You may be required to assist in transportation of program materials to or from the Southfield office at your assigned location.
- Planning & Organizing: Manages responsibilities & priorities to deliver program effectively to student.
- Creativity: Creates innovative, imaginative, and adaptable methods to engage students in learning.
- Respect & Empathy: Non-judgmental and positive attitude when working with diverse populations.
- Communication: Interacts professionally with students and staff always and with a courteous demeanor.
- Team Player: Works as a competent member of the team, willingly providing back-up support and motivation for co-workers when appropriate and actively supporting company mission.
This position operates in a school environment. This role routinely uses documents and materials for tutoring in a classroom. Local travel to school is also required for position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands as well as talk and hear. The employee occasionally stands and walks. The employee may also be required to lift objects greater than 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to focus on documents.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.